EARTH, ART & HEALING
Exhibitions, workshops & learning experiences.
Previous projects include:
Tree-planting ceremony as part of The Stones Speak, The Moss Whispers.
VERGE endangered species art exhibition, environmental talks & workshops in Knysna, November 2018.
(eco)nversations art exhibition at the Green Expo, CTICC, Cape Town, 2012.
Land Art gatherings, workshops & talks in Cape Town and the Garden Route since 2011.
Beach Cleanups in collaboration with WESSA.
Land Art South Africa blog.
MAKING A POSITIVE CHANGE BY USING ART TO INSPIRE, SUPPORT & HEAL.
Contact me to get involved with the next project: +27 61 024 8389 / email@example.com
Selected art residencies:
- Tankwa Artscape, South Africa (May/June 2019).
- OPENLab2016, as part of the Programme for Innovation in Artform Development (PIAD), an initiative of the Vrystaat Arts Festival and University of the Free State. This included a week-long residency at MAP (Modern Art Projects) in Richmond. (July 2016).
- Stories of Rain (GNAP South Africa).
- Global Nomadic Art Project Korea II. Presented by Yatoo-i, South Korea. (August 2015).
- Thupelo workshop 2015
- Site_Specific Installations at Wildekrans Country House
- Site_Specific International Land Art Biennale, Plettenberg Bay.
- Doekvoetdenkpad / ‘Die Huis van Tyd’, Loxton, as part of the Karoo Geoglyph Project
- Plett Art Festival 2023I joined organiser Daron Chatz, and fellow artists that included Auriol Hayes, Janet Ranson, Cheryl Traub-Adler, and Andree Bonthuys in Plettenberg Bay (South Africa) again for a few days of land art… Read more: Plett Art Festival 2023
- Plett Art Festival 2022I participated in the CONNECT Land Art programme for the Plett Art Festival Art Festival in Plettenberg Bay, and one of the things I created were these Sand Symbols or “sand biscuits”,… Read more: Plett Art Festival 2022
- (eco)nversations | GREEN ART 2012 @ CTICC(eco)nversations | GREEN ART 2012 hosted by the Green Expo in assocation with National Geographic Channel 281Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC)23 to 25 November 2012 During the 2012 Cape Town Green… Read more: (eco)nversations | GREEN ART 2012 @ CTICC
- Tankwa Artscape 2022“Remembrance & Resurrection” was my main focus during the time of my residency. An artwork in honour of the late Ian Marley who contributed to Tankwa Artscape in 2021. I was privileged… Read more: Tankwa Artscape 2022
- Tankwa Artscape 2019observing… the textures of the rocks the colours of the land the light and shadows of the plants, rock faces and shifting sun observing my thoughts observing the terrain under the bicycle’s… Read more: Tankwa Artscape 2019
- VERGE / “art for species”Art in support of endangered species: A group exhibition for IUCN red listed species on the Cape coast, Garden Route and Karoo, in South Africa. 10-30 November 2018Knysna Art Gallery, Old Gaol, Cnr… Read more: VERGE / “art for species”
- GNAP Land Art: South KoreaLand Art in South Korea, created when we travelled through their landscape as part of the Global Nomadic Art Project. In August 2015, I travelled to South Korea to join YATOO… Read more: GNAP Land Art: South Korea
- Stories of Rain (Global Nomadic Art Project: South Africa)Stories of Rain, the South African leg of the Global Nomadic Art Project (GNAP) 2016 initiated by Yatoo – the South Korean Nature Arts Association, follows in the steps of the First… Read more: Stories of Rain (Global Nomadic Art Project: South Africa)
- We are of wood and stone우리는 나무 그리고 돌 we are of wood and stone Below the surface of language, culture and individuality, are we not all the same? And when we dig even deeper, into our… Read more: We are of wood and stone
- Flow, Site_Specific Land Art BiennaleFlow. Drift. SplatterFlowing with clarity and energized focus.Creating, WorkingBeing in the moment. Drifting along, swept away by emotions.Feelings, thoughts that ebb and flow like the tides.While oil seep into the cracks of… Read more: Flow, Site_Specific Land Art Biennale