Exhibitions, collections, series & projects are one of the ways to categories my very varied amount of work. My art is very often intuitive, site-specific and/or experimental, but created as part of a series, such as Beach Meditations and Nuances, or part of a thematic body of work (mostly presented as an exhibition):
Selected group exhibitions
2020 // The Grand V, Rust-en-Vrede Gallery, exhibited online
2019 // Nature Art Cube Exhibition ‘12x12x12+Nature’, Geumgang Nature Art Center, Gongju, South Korea.
2018 // Water, Liebrecht Gallery, Somerset West.
2017 // SPRING | UNTITLED. StateoftheArt Gallery, Cape Town.
2015 // It’s in my Nature… Exhibition by Janet Botes & Jaco Coetzee. Liebrecht Gallery, Somerset West
2015 //Remembrance of Nature: 30 Nature Artists in the World, Geumgang Nature Art Center, Gongju, S.Korea
2014 // Equus. Equus Gallery, Cavalli Estate, R44 between Somerset West and Stellenbosch
2014 // The industrial Karoo: FEAR & LOSS, curated by Katie Barnard du Toit. Oliewenhuis Art Museum, “The Reservoir”, Bloemfontein.
2013 // Pieces & Puzzles: Compositions of human expression inspired by nature. Lovell Gallery, Woodstock
2013 // Encounters Annual Wildlife exhibition at the Cape Gallery, Cape Town
2012 // Walk This Earth Alone, Gallery @ Grande Provence, Franschhoek, Western Cape.
2012 // HumanEarth III: First Material, US Gallery, University of Stellenbosch’s Woordfees,Western Cape
2010 // VAN-Guard Winelands Group Exhibition, Durbanville Hills, Western Cape. Curated and organized by VANSA
2009 // Sangisa Sangisa, exhibition & group performance, VANSA Spin Space, Cape Town
2008 // Unified: Unpretty, Unclean, Underneath, Unnatural. Eat Your Words Artspace, Vereeniging
Projects / Curated exhibitions
In collaboration with amazing fellow artists I’ve coordinated two environment-focused exhibitions, of which the most recent also included workshops and talks for the public by leading ecologists from the area.
During residencies I often also create a substantial amount of work, as can be seen for these residencies and projects:
- Tankwa Artscape, South Africa (May/June 2019)
- OPENLab2016, as part of the Programme for Innovation in Artform Development (PIAD), an initiative of the Vrystaat Arts Festival and University of the Free State. Included a weeklong residency at MAP (Modern Art Projects) in Richmond. (July 2016) : view the photos of my performance art piece
- Stories of Rain (GNAP South Africa)
- Global Nomadic Art Project Korea II. Presented by Yatoo-i, South Korea. (August 2015)
- Thupelo workshop 2015 : land art / photo project
- Site_Specific International Land Art Biennale, Plettenberg Bay